I am not sure about you but I constantly have the travel itch. Until I can afford to travel nonstop I have to find ways to satisfy the traveling urge. I live in NYC but I feel that you can use these tips wherever you live!
· Go to restaurants that transport you
· Indian: Royal Bangladesh Indian
· Japanese: Village Yokocho
· SE Asian: Spice Market NYC
· American: River Café
· Portuguese: Lupulo
· French: Lafayette
· Moroccan: Shalel Lounge
· Art Museums (French Feels)
· Whitney Musuem
· Plan a trip. Even if its long term this will help you. At least you know you have something to look forward to!
· Do something different than your daily routine. If you do the same thing all the time stepping out of your rut will feel new.
· Be a tourist in your own town
· Break out of your comfort zone and do something different